Keynote: James Madison University
Keynote: National Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education
Other Invited Talks and Presentations
- When the Classroom Walls Come Down: A Systems-Wide Strategy for Contemporary Learning (2017, November). Presenter. Virginia Schools Boards Association (VSBA) Annual Convention. Williamsburg, VA.
- View From the Field: Emerging Leaders (2017, October). Panelist. Leading Ed Forum, Virginia Society for Technology in Education. Culpepper, VA.
- Re-thinking Professional Development (2017, September). Panelist. Maker Education Forum, World Maker Faire. New York, NY.
- Solving K12’s Most Complex Problems Across EdTech Development, Funding, Procurement (2017, May). Panelist, ASU-GSV Education Technology Summit. Salt Lake City, UT.
- Crowdsourcing Efficacy Research and Product Reviews (2017, May). Panelist. EdTech Efficacy Research Academic Symposium, U.Va. Curry School of Education. Washington D.C.
- Radical Transformation: Unmaking School by Design (2016, October). Keynote Speaker, James Madison University Teaching and Learning with Technology (JMUTLT) Conference. Harrisonburg, VA. (slides)
- Unleashing the Future: How Entrepreneurial Thinking and the Maker Movement Can Transform Classrooms for Teachers and Students. (2016, October). Keynote Speaker, National Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education Annual Conference. Mobile, AL. (slides)
- Innovation, Invention and Intellectual Property: Who owns? (2016, February). Panelist, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. American Association of School Superintendents Conference. Phoenix, AZ.
- White House Event: Champions of Change (2016, January). Participant. Washington, D.C.
- National Science Foundation Maker Summit. (2015, November). Participant. Washington, D.C.
- White House Event: Next Gen High School Summit. (2015, November). Participant. Washington, D.C.
- Supporting Emerging Makerspaces. (2015, October). Panelist. Remake Learning Network’s Maker Education Institute. Pittsburgh, PA.
- White House Event: Education and Making. (2015, June). Roundtable Facilitator. Washington D.C.
- Advanced Manufacturing as a Driver of Cross-Curricular Change. (2015, June). Presenter. National Maker Faire. Washington, D.C.
- The Maker Approach to Learning: A Public School District Experience. (2015, June). Presenter. National Maker Faire. Washington D.C.
- Building Public Servants: Education Policy. (2015, March). Panelist. University of Virginia Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy Annual Conference. Charlottesville, VA.
- Make to Learn, Learn to Make: Getting Back to the Basics of Kids as Designers, Builders, Engineers, Creators. (2015, March). Presenter. National School Boards Association Conference. Nashville, TN.
- Changing Education through the Maker Mindset: A Public School System Experience. (2015, February). Presenter. AcadeMAKE Conference, University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Greensboro, NC. (slides)
- Leveraging CTE to Drive Change in Public Education. (2014, November). Presenter. National Association for Career and Technical Education Conference. Nashville, TN (slides)
- The Maker Movement: Milestones and Momentum. (2014, November). Panelist. STEMconnector Virtual Town Hall.
- Maker Portfolios in the Admissions Process: Value and Implementation. (2014, October). Panelist. Higher Education Maker Summit at Arizona State University. Tempe, AZ.
- Meet Maker Educators: Inspirational Stories From the Cutting Edge. (2014, September). Presenter. World Maker Faire. New York, NY.
- The Maker Movement: Expanding Access to STEM Through Making. (2014, October). Presenter. Virginia STEM Conference: Engineering Ingenuity. Lexington, VA.
- K12 Representative, National Technology Leadership Summit, September 26, 2014, Washington, D.C.
- Making the Case for Innovation in K12 Education. (2014, August). Panelist. U.S. Patent and Trademark Office STEM Innovation Institute. Santa Clara, CA.
- Making as a Pathway to Engineering: Intersections and Opportunities. (2014, July). Presenter. National Science Foundation Internal Workshop. Washington, D.C. (slides)
- Broadening Community Support for Making. (2014, June). Panelist. American Association for the Advancement of Science Maker Education Forum. Washington D.C.
- Making STEM Leaders: Getting School Administrators on Board. (2014, May). Panelist. Making Possibilities Workshop at Intel. Santa Clara, CA.
- Cultivating Makers and Creativity. (2014, April). Presenter. National Science Teachers Association Conference. Boston, MA.
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset in Schools. (2014, April). Panel Moderator. Tom Tom Founders Festival. Charlottesville, VA.
- High School of the Future Startup Event. (2013, September). Facilitator. Governor’s STEM Summit. Richmond, VA.
- Maker Corps: Cultivating Creativity. (2013, September). Presenter. World Maker Faire. New York, NY.